Monday, December 27, 2010

NUMBER FIVE

Merry after-Christmas to you all! I should probably say Happy New Year here and now because I will be "down for the count" on New Years Eve day in my chemo cocoon!!

Tomorrow is treatment 5. Back on steroids starting today, so I am ready for about 5 nights of little sleep. The week of side effects to come is still mentally disconnecting for me to choose.... I know why I do this, but it is still strange to choose to be sick to be well.

We had a wonderful Christmas in Fargo (after a tense drive up on Thursday afternoon in fog/snow/blowing snow/two tire tracks on one lane/40 mph for more than an hour). It was great to be with 2/3 of the family...the Duluth Hiebs were not there.










So, with Christmas memories fresh and warm, I head out in the morning for chemo, and know that I will be starting chemo-brain about Wednesday night or Thursday morning for about 4 days. Another strange thing .....this knowing ahead of time that my mind will not have any cognition for a few days.

Sam drove up to the cabin yesterday to see friends in northern Minnesota. He'll be back just in time to watch me "vegetate" for a few days. Lucky him.

My prayer requests would be that there would be no new unknown side effects from this round, that my appetite stays good, and that they can access a vein in one stick (PLEASE, GOD!!). My prayer for myself is still that God might be glorified in everything I say and do throughout this journey. The peace He has given me is beyond human understanding, and I am so grateful for it.

These troubles come to prove that your faith is pure. This purity of faith is worth more than gold. 1 Peter 1:7


No comments: