Saturday, December 29, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019

We are on the precipice of a new year. 3 more days of 2018. Where did it go?

I have been off chemo for 8 weeks and was supposed to have scans this week, but the snowstorm kept us from driving up to Sioux Falls. They are scheduled for next week. I am eager to see what they find off the ugly drug. If they insist I go back on (if the scans are bad), I am going to go back to a 90 mg pill instead of the 120 mg I was on. 

We spent a couple days with Sam and Gretchen this past weekend in Minneapolis. They had to leave Christmas Eve morning to get to her home for Christmas. We drove home right after they left and spent a quiet night in front of the tree opening our gifts for each other. Richie was gracious enough to watch a Hallmark movie with me Christmas night.!!!

We've had a 2-day snowstorm and its back to super cold temps. I can't wait til our weeks in Florida approach.

My niece Betsy and I are just finishing up a book we have been doing for the last couple years. She is an amazing illustrator and I can't wait to see the finished product. It honors all of the little "ditties" my Czech grandmother sang to us/told us.

My body broke out in bumps 10 days ago. I mean ALL over. I was like a gravel road to touch. I did go to the doctor, as it freaked me out a bit, and she consulted my dermatologist in the city. The dermatologist prescribed me a steroid drug to rub on my whole body twice a day. 3 days later, the bumps turned bright red, like acne. Nobody could guess what it is. It is finally, now, starting to get lighter red with fewer bumps. STRANGE. Hope this was a once-in-a-lifetime oddity.

Well, blogger friends, I wish you all a joyous new year. May God give you all of His richest gifts. 

Peace and love, M




No comments: