Saturday, December 20, 2014

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

How do you behold a miracle?

How do you bow before your Creator, Savior, Healer and say thank you for life? For a second chance.

          What is man that You are mindful of him? Psalm 8:4

How do you wrap your mind around the fact that the same finger which touched vast emptiness and created out of it the stars and the planets and the human race also touched your own lung?

And Jesus said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."(Mark 5:34)

Oh, yes, Lord!

I have held onto faith in His promises for healing for 4 years and 3 months. I have expected it, every CT scan, every PET scan. I knew I would hear the words, “No tumor” someday. I had faith that when God picked up the pen to write the final chapter of this story, that cancer, the devil’s great destroyer, would not be in the last paragraph.

I just did not realize that when the words would be said, I would still be stricken with such awe, such gratitude, such relief, such joy.

Every prayer was heard. The pain, the fear, the frustration, the sickness, the side effects….it is my monument to the greatness of our God.

My primary tumor, doubled in size in August, is “patchy density.” There was NO TUMOR TO MEASURE. My other two new tumors of August are fibrous tissue. There is a small amount of uptake in the scan, but the doctors cannot say whether this is inflammation or cancer cells. We will re-scan in 3 months.

Medical science will not consider this a “healing” because we need to check the uptake in 3 months. Even then, the doctor carefully said, “We can’t ever treat this as if it is gone.”

Really?

My God can treat it that way. And His is the only report I listen to.

I will reserve using the word HEALED until the next scan. But as far as I am concerned, this is pretty miraculous for stage 4 incurable cancer.

I received one miracle on November 5, 1991. I should be this blessed to be seeing another one?

All glory and honor to You, Almighty God. This is Your handiwork. This has Your power, Your faithfulness and Your mercy written all over it.



No comments: