Saturday, January 9, 2016

CHEMO UPDATE

I pray out loud as I hold every capsule between my fingers. "In the name of Jesus, this chemo shall not give me side effects." Then I swallow it and pick up #2 and #3 pill and do the exact same thing.

I have been on it for 9 days. I have had NO side effects. Praise God. Considering the last chemo last fall that nearly took out my liver and had me at home on the sofa moaning, this is wonderful. I feel normal. Yesterday I had to increase my dosage by 50% so I am on the 2nd day of the increase. But I expect NOTHING to come from it. If side effects were to start, I would choose to go back to the reduced dosage I started on.

I am baking again and working (3 days next week) and cleaning and organizing and loving the feeling that I feel like Mary again. Mom and Dad would be so happy about this sacred season of feeling normal. How I wish I could tell them.

My first oncologist told me I could live til November 2011.

If she could see me now.



I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. Psalm 118:17

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes my heart snag. Happy New a Year dear Friend.
Think if you every day and always in my prayers. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! AMEN! Hallelujah! Our God is an awesome God! I am SO singing these same praises right along with you! His healing is at work in you! Ju!

Allison said...

Praise GOD!!!!!! We pray for you all the time Mary and will continue!!! You have an earthly army of prayer warriors around you, lifting you up. We love you to the moon and back...xoxoxox
:)

Hillside Steve said...

So happy/humbled to see the power of prayer!