Wednesday, March 30, 2016

PET PUT OFF

I have rescheduled my PET scan now for the 4th time, which means 4 doctor visit reschedules too. I have had the crud for over a week and the cough keeps hanging on. The drainage in the back of my throat is like a faucet says the nurse, but at any rate, my ability to lay flat and absolutely still without coughing is not possible yet. I thought it would be by tomorrow's PET, but by noon, I knew I had to cancel. So now I have until Monday morning to get this cough healed up.

Luckly, Sam and Gretchen both had just gotten over a week of the crud, so they were not in advoidance mode around me. It was great to have them home for Easter. A short trip, but a good one. We watched I LOVE LUCY DVD's, played games, went to Easter sunrise service and enjoyed the Easter morning breakfast afterwards. Sam got a haircut and we watched a little March Madness. (My bracket is in very sorry shape) 

I love Resurrection Sunday. Everything about my life is predicated on the fact of Jesus rising from that dark grave. It is a day of great joy, and even though I did not feel myself, I was happy to be sharing this great Resurrection Day with three of the people I love most in this world.

Gretchen and Sam have recruited us to help them paint their house in April. Weather permitting, we will go do that. I refuse to go on a ladder higher than 3 feet with my balance issues. Which pretty much assures me of not having to paint from a ladder!!!

I am progressing very slowly with my workouts. I am certain that the steroids caused muscle atrophy to a severe degree, as I still struggle to get ahead. But I am at the health center every other day and just doing all I can til my muscles burn. 

Have a wonderful springy April, y'all.

No comments: