Saturday, April 7, 2018

MY 5 GIRLS

Going through piles of stuff, I came upon these pictures from 2014 at my nephew's wedding. It made me stop and pause and think about how blessed I am to have my "girls", my nieces. They are pictured here with Sam at the reception. As I have been so close to them, I regret that none of them now lives close to Vermillion. They are all happily married and 4 of them have children of their own. The youngest, Maddie, is getting married this summer, and then the era of Hieb grandchildren weddings will be over.

God did not give me a daughter, but he gifted me with these five sweet girls who feel like daughters to me. When I used to live in Duluth, I got to babysit ALOT for the oldest two. I was single and it became like an adjunct job. (I should remind my brother how much money I saved them all those years!!! Ha.) 

I loved every second I spent with them. I "claimed" Anna, the oldest, as my own when I would take her shopping with me and people would comment on how cute my daughter was. I just smiled and said, "Thank you."

My mom was the caregiver for her aunt, who lived to be 102. One of these dear nieces of mine may end up being my caregiver some day if I am alone. Who knows? All I do know is that they love me dearly and show it/say it and I am so blessed they are in my life. 

From left, Kate, Betsy, Gretchen, Sam, Maddie, Anna






Me with Anna, my first niece, my "goofy twin", as we still call each other.
Our baby pictures look very similar.



Me with Anna, Gretchen, and Betsy



No comments: