Wednesday, October 24, 2018

HOME FROM THE SPRINGS

I got over a week of vertigo in time to take our trip, only to return home and find myself down with it again. That stuff is so life-altering. Cannot leave the house, laying down most of the day, loss of appetite. No fun.

Our anniversary trip to Hot Springs, AK was OK. We had 3 bad days and 2 good ones. Travel on each end was horrible. We spent both ends in a plane, an airport, a car, dealing with gate changes (multiple) and delays on flights for 10-12 hours. The 2nd day bad was when we drove into HS to check into our luxury motel in the historic district. After waiting in our room for over 2 hours, and having several men checking it out, we realize we were not going to have any heat (it was cold in HS) in this place and so we left. They gave us our money back. We were so counting on staying in the historic district near the bathhouses. A great disappointment. We ended up at a Holiday Inn 7 minutes down the strip. No hot-tub, as an added jab.

The first good day was our couples massages (which were heavenly) and then after lunch we went in the mineral springs in the bathhouse. My expectation for the springs were outdoors and rural. These are all in a large room, divided according to the spring temperature. It was enjoyable to soak for an hour.

The next day, we had a couples massage again and then opted to have facials. I was so limp from relaxation, I could hardly walk. Richie told his masseuse that it was the best deep body massage he had ever had. Ever.

We drove into the HS National Park (short loop), took a walk up the hill behind the bathhouses where we found a natural mineral spring steaming out of the ground. Maybe 5 feet in diameter. Maybe 105-107 degrees. I was unable to immerse 1 finger, it was that hot. It was in a cove of natural rock and it had been exactly what I THOUGHT we were getting when the literature talks about "the springs."

Trying to get rid of the vertigo so I can get my scans done next week. Always anxiety-producing. My faith in healing doesn't waver, but my feelings sure do. I will let ya'll know the results.



You can barely see the steam in this mineral steam.

The grape vines outside our 3rd story motel (which we had to leave)
Richie at HS National Park (at the tower)

Two of the long row of bathhouses in the historic district

All ready for our couples massage

Right after our facials. Are we not "glowing?"

I will blog my scan results, friends.

No comments: