Thursday, March 12, 2020

NO IMPROVEMENT


I just want to update you on my condition.  My biggest enemy right now is muscle weakness and falling.  I'm so unstable on my feet so I have fallen 3 times this week.  When you add that to vertigo you can see why I spend a lot of time sitting on my love-seat. My left hand and arm are also very weak making it rather useless.  I try to exercise and strengthen my muscles, but that doesn't seem to improve the situation.

The doctor a week ago gave us the medical prognosis of 4-6 months of survival.  This was obviously difficult to hear, but we have not lost our faith in God's healing power.  We know God has the last word.

Richie has become a full-time care giver.  He basically manages the house cleaning, laundry, cooking, and shopping.  It breaks my heart to see him take on these roles.  He seems to know what I need before I even need it. 

I don't know what this means for going to our lake cabin this spring and summer. I know I can't go if I am completely helpless. It would be devastating to miss a summer at the lake, but I do not want to die there.

We are waiting for news from Minneapolis regarding the birth of our first grandchild.  Today is the actual due date.

Continue to pray for us!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am praying!!
I am happy to hear that your grandchild will be arriving very soon. How very exciting for all of you.

Sending you love and prayers,
Linda

BevB said...

Praying!

Anonymous said...

Sending our love and prayers to you all Mary! Jon & Mae

Linda said...

Hoping to hear news soon of the birth of your grandchild!

XO Linda

Nancy B said...

I recall that when Sam got married, I thought, "Oh I hope she will see her first grandchild!" and here you are! God is good.
Prayers for them, for those helping with the delivery and as always for you.
Peace cousin,
Nancy

Mollie said...

Prayers comin for you and the little one.