Wednesday, May 27, 2020

SUMMER HAS ARRIVED

well dick and i are on the 10th week of quarantine. nody has entered our home except our hospice nurse. our church reopens within 2 weeks. i dont think i will go. i am so cautious about covid-19. now that it in the 70's i get out o the house by sitting on th deck. the sun feels glorious.

our baby is doing great.....she has a great mama and papa.... i will post a couple of pics with the dog. he is never far from her. she is his best bud. his front paw alone could knock her to kingdom come...he is that strong....but i guess he is super gentle toward her.

we are fortunate that sam and gretchen send us pics and videos and call us on videochat and just focuus the camera on isla so we can talk to her.

she turned herself over at 7 weeks. she is quite a girl.

i am not failing, as hospice would expect but improving daily, by liile bits. i can take more unassisted steps and richie works hard on my leg strenth. my left hand is improving little by little by little. richie gave me exercises to help with my very stiff and swollen hand. i feels god anointing on this improvement. never thought i would ever be out of my wheelchair...ever.

our church family has been wonderful about meals richie's stress has been lessened by only needing to cook 4 days per week  instead of 7.

he bought me a hand-held showerhead and it makes showering so much better. i have a stool in th shower and he lathers me up and then i can rinse. i feel fairly safe compared to standing in the shower with 2 grab bars. he is truly the ultimate caregiver. knows what i need before i say a thing. god gave me a gold-star husband.

well, i am off to the lazy-boy while dick goes back to bed. happy spring y'all.

apologies for the one-finger writing.



2 comments:

Linda said...

Mary,

It was so good to read your post and hear of your strengthening and improvement. My heart sings for you on this beautiful summer day!

Dick is a wonderful partner and caregiver. The two of you have been blessed with a very loving relationship. I am happy for both of you that you are such good partners to each other.

What adorable pictures of Isla and her dog buddy. Many dogs have an inner sense of the vulnerability of their people. I hope they will grow to be best buddies.

Thanks for posting, so we can keep up to date without disturbing or interrupting you.

Hugs, Linda

Marian said...

Mary,
We last talked about 10 years ago. I just found this and want you to know how precious memories of you are and I will be praying for you. Marian Eckhardt (Thorp)