Monday, August 20, 2012

SUMMER IS WINDING DOWN

 Always sad to see the last days of August arrive....


The three of us with Grama Ekstrom in Kenmare, ND

Me with my nieces Allison and Rachel. They are precious, fun and interesting young women who are both
doing an amazing job as stay-at-home moms (the hardest job on earth!).
 I loved hanging out with them in Kenmare!!


My legs ache 24/7 from chemo, but they were extra sore after being on them for 6 straight hours
the day of the party.


Richie and I decided after 25 years to paint out our white shutters on the cottage yellow. We're going to add window boxes next year and plant them with yellow and white flowers.


Our Monday night home group/Bible study group: Bob, Lee, James, Penny, and us. We were blessed beyond measure to meet with these dear friends and study divine healing all summer. It was incredible having these couples believe as we do and live out their faith in healing for others!! We are SO going to miss them, but we are hoping to meet in Minneapolis in October for a healing conference.


Sam and his best friend James on the dock. Both of the guys worked out of state all summer,
but had 5 days together last week.


Me with our old youth group from church. Richie and I loved being the youth leaders for 4 years. All of "our kids" are now in college, but we were able to rally 6 of the 10 for a campfire and s'mores.

We LOVE these kids!!!  
From left, James, Sam, Miranda, Rachel, Daniel, Jonathan


My hubbie got a nice bass one day last week!! No, we did not release him. We ATE him!!
Nothin' like fresh bass!



Our transformer blew 3 days ago. I have the utmost respect for the power company guys!!



Sam leaves for college in 6 days. Never a fun day for this Mom. But he is moving into an apartment-like dorm with his 5 best friends this fall, so he is excited about that. I love fall, but always have a hard time making the transition. It always means loss in some way (green leaves, warm lake water, shorts and tank tops, your son moving away, having my husband going back to work...) but once it is here, I always embrace the crisp air, donning sweatshirts again, and playing in leaf piles. So....onward we go into autumn.

2 comments:

Cole said...

What a beautiful recap...a season full of wonderful memories!

Anonymous said...

Mary, my husband and I know your Mom and Dad. We lived next door to them on Bad Medicine Lake. I talked to both of them recently. You have been in our prayers and thoughts for a while.