Tuesday, September 2, 2014

THE CURRENT REGIME

Life is about to change. I love changing my furniture around, love changing out throw pillows and changing up recipes, but I inherited the Hieb gene that does not like fundamental life change.

And it is about to change. At least for 4-6 weeks.

They are going to try to radiate my encapsulated brochial artery and pulmonary artery with targeted radiation. The hope is that it will kill enough of the cancer cells to release the pressure squeezing my airway right now. It will be a course of 4-6 weeks, every day.

Needless to say, commuting every day of the week is not how I want to spend my autumn, but it will get done. I am soliciting names of my girlfriends who are not working fulltime to be on call for driving me if the fatigue factor gets bad or if Dick cannot accompany me. I have such awesome friends ready to stand in the gap for me.

I was supposed to begin the new chemo tomorrow, but because it is so new, the warehouse was unable to get it to me today and I will need to wait until Thursday to begin.

So I will start both regimes on Thursday.

As I said before, my biggest concern is eating, being able avoid all of the potential GI side effects from the drug. Today when I got home I searched for the verses in Scripture that promise God's protection. He is beside me, ahead of me as a shield, a fortress, and has me under the shadow of His wings. I had these great images of protection. I am claiming by faith in His word, which cannot lie, that I will be protected from all of the side effects of the drug.

This is coming from a girl who gets nauseated from Tylenol, folks.

The side effects of the radiation are quite different, but nonetheless concerning, so I need protection from those as well.

At 11:30 tomorrow morning, my dear "spiritual mom" Mary Ruth is coming over and my friend Julie is trying to be there and Dick is coming home and my best friend Susan will be on speaker phone. We are spending 15 minutes praying for protection and taking authority over cancer in the name of Jesus. If you happen to have a free few minutes tomorrow at 11:30, please pop over or join us wherever you are and lift up a prayer of proclamation that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. He WILL protect me.

The words THANK YOU ring hollow, as you cannot know how much your support and prayers have meant to me the past week. THANKS just doesn't say enough, but it is all I have to give you.

I will let you know how the first two days go.

No comments: