Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BEST LAID PLANS

So I'm sure you are wondering about my brain and lung scans. Results would have been today, had I HAD the scans. My body, instead, opted to contract influenza A and I spent all last week fighting this horrible illness. Never moved off the couch til bedtime. Fever broke on day 4, but today, even on day 10, I am coughing--------and oh so weak and without energy. I lost the 4 pounds it took me 7 months to gain and the body aches from the flu haven't all gone yet. I guess it doesn't matter. I have those aches even without flu!!

I went outside awhile ago, first time in 10 days, and walked to the corner. I can sure tell I'm not ready to go to the health club yet! I walk like a 100-year-old.

I am so grateful that I was not among the hundreds across the globe who have died from this. I actually wanted to, during the worst of it!

I am also abundantly grateful for a husband who tended to my every need, without being asked, and did so with grace and love. He took over every aspect of the home as well and kept things running like clockwork. He is the very definition of a servant-spouse.

I will report when I get the scan results.

Thanks for the prayers.

2 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you are now recovery from the flu. Sounds like it was miserable.
Prayers and peace,
Linda

Unknown said...

I was so thrilled to get to see you this week.
In my thoughts and prayers every day sweet lady.
Love, Kazy