Sunday, February 4, 2018

SCANS NEXT WEEK

I had my palliative care appointment on Monday. Met with the doc, pharm, nurse and soc wk. Had a real nice round table mostly about who I am and where I'm at medically. Bottom line decision was to double my hydrocodone. After 3 days, all I can tell is that it has made me so drowsy that I can no longer read at any time of day for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep. They said this would probably be a side effect. I have 4 books to read for the week....at this rate, it will take a week to finish the first one!! Pain level? Not sure yet. I'm sure the increased dosage needs to start circulating for a few days.

My hearing aid adjustment is slow, but it is happening. Trying to get used to the loud noises (running water, keyboard strokes, putting on glasses) that are all new to me.

Richie had a good trip to Haiti. He went without all creature comforts (including hot water) for a week and came home with bed bug bites and dust mite bites from the mattresses on the floor where hygiene was minimal (and other inconveniences like a 3 hour bus trip on deeply rutted gravel paths)-----but he served and blessed the patients the best ways he knew how----I so admire him. Glad to have him back.

My scans are next Thursday and the following Wednesday. Results by Thursday. I am so hoping that being off sugar for these 8 weeks might make a difference in tumor reduction.

We are starting to plan our March Florida week. I am soooo ready to leave this Deep Freeze.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: