Thursday, February 22, 2018

THE WEEK TO BE FORGOTTEN

If you think you are having a bad week, think again. I feel like our Ekstrom blood is cursed at the moment:


1. Dick came back from Haiti with a sore finger.  

2. He went to Mpls to go to a Wolves game with Sam.

3. On the way home, he hit black ice and snow and went into a guard-rail at 65. He was protected by angelic pillows because we were driving a car whose airbags never deployed. It was totaled. We are very grateful for Dick's life. His life has been saved 3 times in 3 years by angels...miracles, all.

4. I proceeded to completely screw-up his flight arrangements home from Mpls by not looking at am vs pm. He had to stay another whole day there because of me when all he wanted was to get home. I had so much guilt in my lack of being diligent about things like that.

5. When he got home, his "sore" finger was wrapped in small cords of pus, very swollen and untouchable. He went right to the ER (this is midnight now), had it drained and was given antibiotics. They called it cellulitis. Dick has since studied up on this, as he has gotten 5 other Cellulitis pustules. It is a Haiti-originating condition from being in dirty water. (other countries too). NOTHING was clean there.

6. Still waiting on insurance information. Hard when they are making judgments without you being there.

7. I slipped into 3 days of anxiety, stomach trouble, fear and depression and cried for 2 days, Prayer has been tough and hope tougher, that it will end.

8. I cancelled my scans once again due to continued cough and may need to do so tomorrow because we're getting snow.

9. We made the decision together to scrap our trip, planned for 6 months. Neither of us is physically or emotionally in a place for a road trip and a week in Florida.

10. Putting our timeshare up for sale ended up with Dick taking 2 trips to FAX places to get 
correct info in.

11. Our one dear 17-year-old car had a deflated tire this morning that we to get to the station and Dick had to walk all the way home cuz I had no way to get him.

12. He went to a doctor today and she excised a large cellulitis on his hip. She packed it well and it is not comfortable. He can't even lay on that side of his body.


There was only one thing that made me smile today, or maybe in the last 6 days: Sam got the play-by-play gigs for 2 quarter-finals, 2 semi-final games of the big-time MN State Hockey Tournament plus the Championship game for Class A. So proud of that kid.


I truly hope all of you had a better week than we did.


PS. Shopping for cars, for me, is like having a root canal. Cannot think of anything I like less and now I face this task, later rather than sooner, which gives me gut balls and high anxiety.

No comments: