Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SEE YOU ON THE BACKSIDE

Chemo went well yesterday. I got all 4 drugs at once, and even though the lab tech needed 2 sticks to find a vein, my infusion nurse found a vein on the side of my forearm that worked on the first try. Praise God for that. I barely felt the catheter go in, and it felt great the whole 3 hours. They asked me if I wanted to consider a chest port, but for now, I think I will stick to using my arm and hand veins until such a time as I have no veins left to access due to scar tissue.


I've spent the early morning getting all my errands done, laundry done, groceries bought and car gassed up so I am ready for my days in chemo-fog. I am usually sinking by about 3-4 on Wednesdays (today), and hopefully I will cycle out by Monday. My friend Susan told me to go to the library and get some books on tape and see if my mind can access the listening and comprehending while I'm in the tunnel. I did, and I will try it out. I am a pretty visual person, as opposed to an auditory person, so I don't know if my mind could wrap itself around a book that is being spoken to me. We'll see....


Thank you all for the prayers from yesterday. I so appreciate them. I'll update you all next week.

No comments: