Thursday, March 10, 2011

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Sam gets home at around 3:00 this afternoon and our spring break will officially begin! Can’t wait to spend some long lazy days with my son. To celebrate, I am going this morning to redeem a certificate I have for a free pedicure. Have never had one before. I could never justify putting down $30 for someone to paint my toenails. But spring has sprung, and I am redeeming my freebie with enthusiasm!

I found another wonderful massage about standing on God’s promises this week. Interesting that I never run into passages about gracefully accepting death. Everything that is falling onto my eyes is about healing. Here’s what I found, by F. B. Meyer:

Hardly any stance could be more completely beautiful, strong or safe than that of putting your finger on a promise of God’s divine Word and then claiming it. Doing so requires no anguish, struggle or wrestling but simply presenting the check and asking for cash. It is as simple as producing the promise and claiming its fulfillment. Every promise of Scripture is a letter from God which we may plead before Him with this reasonable request: “Do as you promised…that your name will be great forever” (1 Chronicles 17:23-24).  Our Creator will never cheat those of His creation who depend upon His truth. And even more, our heavenly Father will never break His word to His own child.

My favorite healing Scripture promise is Psalm 103:2-4. BLESS THE LORD O MY SOUL AND FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS…..WHO FORGIVES ALL YOUR SINS AND HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES, WHO REDEEMS YOUR LIFE FROM THE PIT AND CROWNS YOU WITH COMPASSION.

And to that Scripture, I add, “LORD, DO AS YOU HAVE PROMISED!!!” And I believe He has. What incredible strength these healing Scriptures have given Dick and me. We rest, we wait on the Lord’s timing, and we thank Him in advance for deliverance from cancer, that many would see His power and glory.

Til spring break is over……

1 comment:

Cole said...

Mary, your words and intentions are so powerful and inspiring. God is certainly using you to stir up emotions and devotions from others. I hope you have an amazing spring break!!!