Sunday, December 19, 2010

ANOTHER NEEDLE STICK

I have spent the last 4 days thoroughly enjoying having my boy under the same roof again! We've been watching movies, football, old I Love Lucy DVD's, and playing family games.... I couldn't be happier that he doesn't have to go back for 3 weeks! Today he and I had our traditional cut-out cookie-making session, which is always fun. Not able to eat sugar any more, I hated not eating mouthfuls of sugar cookie dough, but I survived. Tomorrow we will get creative with the frosting and decorating.

I have my 5th blood draw tomorrow. Please pray that my blood counts are good, as they have been in the past. I believe without wavering that God has protected my immune cells with every treatment, and I know it is an answer to your prayers. As the chemo drips in me, I am always visualizing Christ's blood coursing through my veins and think of the old hymn, "There is Power in the Blood." And I know it is a little thing, but please pray that they can access a vein on the FIRST attempt, both tomorrow and Tuesday. It was a disaster last time with multiple sticks.

I have a drug #4 chemo treatment on Tuesday, and am prayerful that I will again not have any side effects from that one. Assuming the best, it means that I should have a great-feeling Christmas. The timing could not be better, as my next major chemo treatment is the Tuesday AFTER Christmas. Perfect!

Weather and health permitting, we will be driving up to Fargo for the holidays with Mom and Dad and the Fargo Hiebs. Last Christmas, I got the swine flu and the blizzard of '09 made travel on I-29 north impossible (even if I HAD been well), so we have learned not to make plans that are too firm!!

Thank you for your abundant prayers. I continue to believe in my healing and in God's provision for meeting all my needs until then.


If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you.   John 15:8

He is the God who keeps every promise.   Psalm 146:6

Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved. Jeremiah 17:14

1 comment:

Cole said...

Mary, I was up early this morning and used the time to chat with God. You were one of the first prayers on my list and I was specifically praying for LOTS and LOTS of healthy cells!

I have veins that roll and they're tiny, so I understand the pain of being stuck multiple times. I will GLADLY pray that the first stick will be the last for that draw. Drink lots of water before you go, that seems to help me.

God bless you and your sweet boy as you carry on in traditions of Christ's birthday!