Sunday, September 9, 2012

FLYING GEESE AND SEEIN' THE FOLKS

I am home after 4 days in Fargo visiting my parents. It is always great to spend some one-on-one time with them and to be able to do a few things around the house for them. I am so blessed to be so loved by these two people!!

I had an MRI on my knee on the way to Fargo (stopped in Sioux Falls). I played telephone tag with the orthopedist for 2 days and did not get my results yet. Hopefully tomorrow we can connect. On a positive note, my back, which has been pretty painful for 2 months, is feeling great, and I am grateful. I still have the crazy chemo side effect of flashing lights in my eyes every morning when I get up. It drives me crazy, but at least it only lasts about 10 minutes.

Dick went to a healing service at a church in a small town near here, and met the pastor and his wife, who both seem to have a healing anointing. They have witnessed many miracles. We are going to go up to Sioux Falls to attend their church one Sunday and take them to lunch to talk further. It is always so reaffirming to meet people who also know that faith heals even incurable cancer!!

I subbed for my friend Amanda last week and on her screen saver was this picture of flying geese. I just sat and smiled at it. She forwarded the photograph to me.....I think it is making its way around the internet, because I found it in Google images as well. It's now my screen saver. Anyway, here it is. The image is too big for this column, but I'm going to keep it big to get the full effect. Too cool not to share. Mike, Chris, Jon, and Dad, I think you'll like this.


1 comment:

Cole said...

That is a fantastic picture...I was just telling my daughter that the geese were getting ready to make their trip south so the cold weather must be coming. They were standing in a massive yard eating and squawking. I find a calm in that as I drive around with traffic and sit at a stop sign to watch something that never changes. It's instinctual to them and a blessing to me that God continues to guide us through each and every season of life. Thank you so much for sharing what looks like a "God-wink" to me! :)