Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FAWNS, CHEMO AND MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY

Tomorrow I go to my first chemotherapy infusion in northern Minnesota. I admit some anxiety about the unfamiliarity of it all. New doc, new nurses, new needle-stickers, new surroundings (I've been spoiled with my luxury private room with flat screen TV and heated Lazy-Boy). I will accept any and all prayers for everything to go well. And as always, please pray that my veins will hold up on the first stick. I start my steroids this morning, so I will be awake most of the next 3 nights. Ugh.

I have two precious friends up here, Penny and Lee, who are going to pray with me on a regular basis. They are so on board with belief in healing and standing on The Word of God! I feel so blessed that they are willing to have this time of fellowship with me, thanking God together for the healing He is doing in me!

*****
Like most years, we have a doe and her fawn living in our woods somewhere. We saw them the other day in the driveway, and last night they walked down between the cabin and garage. I hope to snap a pic of them sometime, but we always freeze when we see them because they will run off at any movement. The baby is very newborn, but she is balancing herself and walking well. It is always a sight to behold. This morning we woke up to mama and papa goose waddling across our beach with their 6 babies. They went about 15 yards and then swam away in a perfect row, mom at the head and dad coming up the rear.
*****
As the chemo is being pumped thru my body tomorrow, my dad will be celebrating his birthday. On the north side of 85, my dad is ever the north star for me and our family. I know I speak for the whole clan of kids, grandkids and great-grands when I say that we all sort of think he hung the moon!! We all feel so loved by him.

Dad, I need you, I respect you, I am proud of you, and I love you past the moon. Happy birthday!! Wish I could be there to hug you in person. Consider this blog post to be a virtual hug!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PA!!!

O Lord, you alone can heal me; you alone can save. My praises are for you alone. Jer 17:14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, God! Did I NOT tell you that He would provide new prayer partners in Mary's and my absence!?? Penny and Lee instead of Julie and Mary......God is so amazing! I'm smiling just thinking about what a wonderful Daddy He is to us down here.....takin' care of EVERYTHING when it needs to be taken care of!

Unknown said...

Love this.