Friday, February 3, 2012

A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS TONIGHT

After my doctor's office, my insurance advocate, and I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday stripping through a little red tape, we finally got approval and shipment of my new chemo drug approved. It will arrive sometime today, and I will take my first dose tonight. I have been saying wonderful protection Scriptures out loud this morning, that every cell in my body except those with cancer, would be protected from the effects of the drug, and I am standing on those today as I await the package. Prayers are welcome!

It looks as though the drug has another site of attack. My doc and I talked yesterday again after I had the chance to read through my own PET report, and there has been a growth on my lower lung which the radiologists keep saying, "We SUSPECT inflammation." Well, it seemed to me that inflammation doesn't really make sense after a year, and my doc and I both agreed that it is likely that site is cancer as well. There has been increased metabolic activity and that raised a red flag for us. In addition, I have a brand new mysterious scar on my upper lung that is consistent with what they see in patients with tuberculosis!!! Unreal. No explanation. I have not contracted TB in the past 4 months. This spot we will just watch.

I was initially a bit shaken over this news until Dick came home from lunch and got in my face and said, "Mare, this changes nothing. The treatment is the same whether you have one or 8 tumors. It's just another one for God to get the glory for healing. It means nothing."

He seems to have a way of putting me right back on track. His faith is so strong and I don't even know if he realizes how his strength carries me.

I had a good conversation with my cousin Mae 2 nights ago. She works for an oncologist and they had an in-service on the drug I am starting, so she passed on all the little tips she gleaned from the training. I was especially glad to know that they really recommend taking it with food. The literature says with or without food, but I guess people are getting fewer tummy issues if food is involved. She also gave me the low-down on the blurry vision side effect.

Waiting on God is maybe one of the hardest tasks we all have in life. All of us want our prayers heard and answered the minute they leave our lips. I have to keep reminding myself that His timing is perfect. Always perfect. Waiting......it's been on my mind alot this week.

Yesterday, after my talk with Dr. T, and after Dick went back to work after lunch, the mailman arrived with a package from my sweet high school friend Colleen. It was a beautiful 2012 inspirational calendar. I was delighting in every month's scriptures and picture captions, when I glanced down at the floor where the publisher's cardboard packing piece, which was inside the calendar, had fallen as I opened it up. I saw that there was writing on it and I picked it up.
Here is what is says:

       When the time was right,
the sea parted,
the walls fell down,
the lions went hungry,
the sun stood still,
the star appeared,
the waves were calmed,
the stone was rolled away,
the Lord ascended.....
        And when the time is right,
        the King of Kings will return.
God is never early, and He's never late---
He's always right on time and His plans for you are good.

Colleen could never have known that the cardboard piece in this calendar would speak to my
heart at the precise moment I needed it most. Tears fell as I read it two more times and the words implanted themselves in my heart.....God is never too late to heal cancer......God will be right on time to do His work in my body.....His plans are ALWAYS for my good.

Colleen, a note is in the mail to you. God used you in a big way when you were prompted to get this for me and send it on the day you did!! (I want to frame every month....they are simply charming!)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares in Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."    Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Cole said...

What a hidden treasure!!! It brings tears to my eyes as well.

Isn't it amazing to think of the timing God uses? He knows when you're feeling in need of a lift and grants it so lovingly.

His timing will be perfect and until we see that time, He will hold you, comfort you, give you His strength, and shower you in His peace. Love you & praying for NO SIDE EFFECTS from the new drug you started!!!

Anonymous said...

Mare, I am hoping your day is a good one ! Keep looking to the stars
Love you
Jo