Monday, November 22, 2010

ASCENDING

Hello to all of you loving tunnel lurkers......

The tunnel was once again a tough place to be, but I am headed toward the light today and it feels reassuring and oh-so-good. (Think Chilean miners here: I am strapped in the steel cage and being pulled to the surface...) When I got up this morning, I was able to read parts of the paper and comprehend what I read! YES! When your cognition is temporarily gone, it is comforting to be reminded that it does return. There are certainly moments in the chemo-brain darkness that you wonder if you will be able to read or write again and for me, that is a horrifying thought!

Just as I am getting sure-footed again, I am off tomorrow for Drug #4 which will be given separately. I have no idea what the side-effects are for that drug alone, as we combined them last time. So I am praying that I will be able to manage them, and enjoy my boy who heads home tomorrow for a long Thanksgiving break. The interval may be too short to really get any good days this week, but I am hoping. It would be so nice to just be mom and not cancer-fighter this week. But.....I do what I need to do and let God continue His healing through modern medicine.

Julie, I SO LOVE "our new verse." I've probably stumbled upon it many times and never read anything into it until now. We'll just keep replacing your Dad's and my name in there and watch the power of Jesus' name at work!!

BY FAITH IN THE NAME OF JESUS, (MARY AND TERRY) WHOM YOU SEE AND KNOW WERE MADE STRONG. IT IS JESUS' NAME AND THE FAITH THAT COMES THROUGH HIM THAT HAS GIVEN COMPLETE HEALING TO (MARY AND TERRY), AS YOU ALL CAN SEE.    ACTS 3:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES AND AMEN! AND WE'LL NOW ADD DAR TO THAT LIST TOO! SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE COMING BACK UP OUT OF THE TUNNEL! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, THOUGH, NOT THIS WEDS. ENJOY YOUR SON WHILE I DO THE SAME WITH MY TWO! LUVU, JU

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful T-day to you Mare and your family- Zac is home from China so we will all be together for the first time in 2 years- ! It will be nice to see his face @ the table again! I am always thinking of you and sending prayers to God to keep you close and comfort you.
Love
Jo