Friday, April 22, 2011

A GOOD GOOD FRIDAY

As I ponder this day, somber both in weather and in significance, I have such different thoughts about Good Friday than I ever have before. I have been avidly studying Scripture as to what it says about healing, and I have also spent many many hours in other theological books regarding healing. What I know to be true…….and what is NOT stressed in the Christian church today….is how Christ died not just for our sins, but for our diseases as well.

We were given two redemptive blessings by His death on the cross; salvation and healing. He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses (Matt: 8:17) In Isaiah’s 53rd chapter prophesying the death of Christ, he says the same thing. Salvation from sin is universally accepted; healing from disease is not. But the Bible is filled with proof that God’s will for His followers is to be well. Christians claim their salvation, but they do not readily claim their healing.

Our substitute, Jesus Christ, was made sick and sinful for us. I have come to understand that neither sin nor sickness can be laid on us because Jesus bore them both on the cross. And therefore, they do not need to be borne by us. So easy is it for Christians to accept their salvation by faith in God’s sacrifice of His son, but we also need to accept our healing of disease by faith in God’s sacrifice as well. He bore BOTH sin and sickness. The Word does not lie. And His Word confirms this.

Bless the Lord, Oh, my soul…..Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. (Ps 103:2-3).

I am grateful for this day, where I can thank my Savior for what He has accomplished on the cross and for the faith to believe wholly without wavering in His desire to heal me.

Happy Easter to you all.

2 comments:

Cole said...

I'm in tears as I nod in agreement...I couldn't agree more! Happy Easter to you all as well!!

Unknown said...

Ummm...HOW have I not been notified you have been posting? I had no idea! I have alot to catch up on!