Sunday, April 17, 2011

SAME CHEMO, NEW DIGS

Tomorrow morning is my first infusion at the new place. I have to admit that it is a bit unsettling.....just the newness of it all. I loved my old infusion nurses, they knew me, they were really doing well accessing my disgustingly small veins, and the environment was just so nice.

My over-active mind does things like: Do I need to have the new infusion nurses double-check the dosages I am getting (since I learned that an overdose of the drug I am getting can kill you...ahem)? Will they not be any good at veins and have to do 2 or 3 sticks before they can get the catheter in?

I will be happy to have the initial session behind me. My only prayer request is that side effects would continue to be minimal. A little nausea and a little fatigue are so tolerable, and I just pray that it remains that way.

I won't see my new doctor tomorrow since I just saw him last week, but will see him next month. He even let me do my lab work here at home on Friday, so I don't even need to deal with their lab (where they is sure to be much waiting). It'll be great to just go to infusion and get out.

Thanks for your prayers!

Oh, Lord my God, I called to you for help, and You healed me. Psalm 30:2

2 comments:

Cole said...

I am praying the nurses are even better!! I will definitely be praying for minimal side effects as well. Keep the vision of the report showing your body to be cancer free in your mind as they begin the treatment. Imagine God's healing light coursing through your veins and bringing you freedom from this disease.

Sending love and prayers always!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful place Mary- hope all goes well - sounds like you found a good fit for your doc. That is super important in the treatment and healing process
As always my thougts and prayers are with you
Jo