Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CBC WAS GOOD

In a million years, I never thought I would be able to say, "I am so glad to be going to chemo next Tuesday!"  But I am! My second treatment does not need to be delayed because my CBC panel looked good today. PRAISE GOD!! My white blood count was slightly lower, but for a chemo-receiver it was nothing to be concerned about. My "composite score" (whatever ratios they are assessing) was very good and so all systems are go for #2. Bring it on. I am ready for God to slay these cancer cells and I believe He is doing just that!

I told my oncologist I want to take just a half a dose of steroids this round and she said I sure could do that if I wanted to. If the rash (that the steroids are preventing) appears and is worse than the steroid side effects, then we will go back to full dosage in round 3. But I am relieved to know that I may not have those sleepless nights, body jitters, and the after-steroid "crashing."

Last night I had a wonderful talk with one of my best friends from college days. I had to call and thank her for the amazing care package she sent me. After 13 years of not seeing each other, Jo and I caught up as easily as if we were in the dorm again. She reminded me of our antics......well, that's not true.....she reminded me of some of MY antics, and I can only blame my crude brothers for teaching me those things which shall remain nameless. Jo, I wrap myself in my chenille blanket every morning to read my Bible and I feel you hugging me. I love you, old friend. We have rich memories, don't we?

I have felt great this last week of my first cycle. I feel God holding me in His arms every second of every day, and I can honestly say that the joy and calm I have are mine only because of God's grace. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness, indeed. Every time D and I pray our healing Scriptures and take God at His word for healing me, we feel His nod. We continue to stand on God's Word as God's will. He himself says: MY WORD IS TRUTH (John 17:17),

I started two big projects recently. One, is the editing of a book I have been writing for 9 years. I have gone through it once, and I have sent the manuscript off to my dad to edit again. My hope is to get that done by Christmas. I also have about 200 pictures to get into scrapbooks, and that will get me up-to-present-day. I have taken over the den, which now includes an 8-foot -table   pig sty. I know there will be days or weeks where I can't do either job, but when I am feeling good, these are two projects that, once accomplished, will make me feel 10 times lighter.

And speaking of feeling lighter, I am actually feeling heavier because I have now gained back all of the 6 pounds I had lost after my diagnosis. For those of you who have been praying for that weight gain, THANK YOU!!!

I waited patiently for the Lord. He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire and he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand!
Psalm 40:1-2

2 comments:

Julie said...

You make me want to jump up and down yelling "PRAISE THE LORD"!!! So awesome to hear all this good report--and we know Where it is coming from! YAHOO! See you tomorrow!

Ronald and Joyce said...

Mary,
We are so happy to hear your good reports and that life is going well. We thank God for His work in your life and ours!.
Joyce and Ron