Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WEAR THE FIGHT

My best friend from high school sent me this great shirt. Its inaugural wearing is going to be  next Tuesday when I go to chemo. Peg and I were cheerleaders together, and I remember one cheer we used to do....."We will fight, and we will win, and we will fight and we will win." Peg, I am claiming that cheer for myself! Thank you, sweet friend, for your prayers and your cards and your belief in miracles. I cherish what we have always shared, even though miles and years have separated us. This shirt rocks and it is gonna be worn-out in no time!! I love you!

And no, the cabbie cap is not because my hair is coming out. I am just having a bad hair day today. I never got a haircut when I got home from the summer because of my diagnosis. I figured I might as well save the money for a cut if there was a chance of losing it all, and my hair is in disrepair!!

My Wednesdays are always special days with my two amazing prayer partners. Julie, my friend and boss (at the nursing home), and my older friend Mary Ruth, are such Godly women with such huge hearts for the Lord and His work. They are both so precious to me, and the prayers on Wednesdays in this house are powerful and moving. Today they anointed me again with oil before we prayed. I cannot believe how every need we have taken before the Lord on Wednesdays has been answered. These are the two women who changed the course of D's and my life when they (and God) moved us from despair and hopelessness to believing that God's will for HIs followers is life and health and that healing is possible. We will never be able to thank them enough for their commitment to us.

I talked to my doctor later last night and got the actual number for my hemoglobin count. It was 13.6!!! A normal woman would have an 11 or 12 count. For a woman receiving chemo, it could be lower than that! I KNOW without doubt that God is protecting my healthy cells as the chemo is dripping into me. This is such a confirmation of His provision. All those prayers for healthy cells to be kept safe were answered!

Margie is coming again later next week to be with me, and is bringing my mom with her. D has a conference to go to, and he'd feel better if someone were here just in case a new side effect might kick in that needs attention. I'll be in good hands again!  Mom and Margie are both such  natural caregivers.

Tomorrow I go for a follow-up appointment with the radiation oncologist. I called the office and told them I didn't feel I needed this. There is nothing he can do but ask me if I had any side effects. There is nothing to examine or palpate. I told them I could do it over the phone. It was in vain. I mean, I guess they can't force me to come, but there is no use burning bridges either in case I need their services again. They are insisting.....so I will drive over to Yankton tomorrow and do this.

The bills are coming in and they are staggering to say the least. Health care charges HAVE to become controlled in some way. I worry about us already being over our yearly limit. I'll have to check that out. Guess how much every radiation session was?? Bear in mind that I got 30 SECONDS of radiation each day. $860 per 30 seconds. They charged me $1100 to write up a treatment plan (what did that take.....10 minutes?). Why don't the insurance companies fight these outrageous charges??? I guess I better not get started or my blood pressure will go up.

Thank you all for continued prayer. We have a long ways to go, but God is faithful to hear each prayer.


Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he asks.   Mark 11:22-23

1 comment:

Cole said...

It is SUCH a blessing to hear about your hemoglobin count!!! Praise God!!! You have so many prayer warriors and God's promises to lean on...the bills can be dealt with, the focus is your healing. (But yes, it is outrageous what they can charge someone!!)

Praying you have a blessed weekend of beautiful fall weather before your next round.