Friday, October 15, 2010

A WEEKEND AWAY

Since our anniversary was muddied with pre-chemo anxiety, and my birthday will be cloaked in Chemo #2 steroidal side effects, D and I decided to get away this weekend while the "feeling good" lasts!! We found a beautiful old Victorian B&B in a small town between here and Omaha, and I just happened to have a stay one night/get one free coupon from American Historic Inns that they are going to accept!! It is supposed to be gorgeous Saturday, so we are hoping to scout out some apple/pumpkin festivals in these small towns, check out the Loess Hills Scenic Highway, and we may even go into Omaha to the zoo if the winds pull us that direction. It will be great to get away.

So far no hair loss, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. The cumulative effect of the chemo sometimes promotes hair loss in one of the later cycles. ACS sends people gift cards for scarves and wigs to be used on their web site, so I am ready to order if I need to.

I may have been watching a little too much Chilean television the past 72 hours (I mean, you did not have tears rolling down your face at the miracle of that rescue operation??) but I feel like saying mucho gracias to dear friends Angie and Chris, who surprised us with warm pumpkin pie and warm banana bread, respectively, this week!! We so appreciate your thoughtfulness. And Jeanne, your gift means the world to me. I read it multiple times daily and let the words settle deep inside me. Annie and Mae, thank you for pestering your oncology co-workers with questions on my behalf this week....I feel as if I have a personal medical corps at my fingertips!! Love you all.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him. I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He  will call upon me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With LONG LIFE I will satisy him, and show him my salvation.     

                                                           Psalm 91:14-16

1 comment:

Cole said...

That sounds wonderful!! I hope you two enjoy every single moment of the cascade of colors and chilled fall days ahead.