I thought that maybe, just once, the tide would turn in our favor. I thought that perhaps, just miraculously, the .1% chance that the hip was not cancerous would be true. It is cancerous. And now we find out that the tissue Duluth was supposed to send to Mayo for testing was insufficient, and now we need to start all over again and wait 2 weeks for results of that (to see if my cancer may respond to a certain drug).
It looks as though I may be starting radiation on the hip next week. I am waiting on phone calls right now. I will need yet another CAT scan first. I will know more later.
I read this quote by Verdell Davis this morning, and right now, am believing it: In the darkness of the tunnel, "keeping on" becomes a miracle.